Like food pairings with wine, tea, and cheese, coffee pairing with food comes down to your palette and how you distinguish flavors. Coffee tastes are personal. Experiment with different blends and brews. Try dark and light roasts with different kinds of food. Coffees are usually referred to or described by its region, acidity, body, aroma, flavor, and roast. Combining coffee with different foods is an adventure. Try it and tell us about your exploration.
- Light roasted coffees go well with most cookies, coffee cake, and breakfast foods
- Medium roasted coffees go well with fruit cakes and nut breads, Greek food, Thai food, anything lemon, doughnuts, biscotti, cheeses, and toasted breads
- Medium to Dark coffees go well with subtle flavored baked goods, chocolate cake, apples, scones, fruit tarts, cheesecake, brownies
- Dark roasted coffees go well with fruit tarts and pies, meat, potatoes, rich desserts, anything chocolate, and caramel. Dark roasted coffees also go well with most breakfast Danish, scones, and biscuits
- Chocolate chip cookies with Hazelnut Cream
- Kona Blend with Lemon Bars or similar dessert bars and fruity desserts
- Cannoli with Italian, French, or Espresso roast
- Carmel, Chocolate, Cinnamon, and anything nutmeg goes well with Espresso roasts
- Toasted nuts, seeds, and anything with caramelized sugar goes well with French roasts
What are your favorite coffee and food pairings?